AFCAT Exam Pattern
Written Examination Structure :
Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) entrance test will be of 2 hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on:
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- Military Aptitude
Total No. of Questions– 100.
Each Question is of 3 marks.
Penalty For Wrong Answers :
- For each question on a wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
After clearing the entrance exam:
- Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Board (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi.
- The testing would consist of three stages as given below:
(a) Stage I: Test consisting of Intelligence Test along with other tests will be conducted on the first day.
- Stage I test is a Screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All StageI qualified candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the branches applied for. Those candidates who either do not qualify in Stage I testing or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself
(b) Stage II: Testing consisting of Psychological test, Group Test and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days (Five Days)
(c) For Flying Branch: Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) would be administered to eligible candidates