To allocate an Elastic IP and associate it with an Amazon Web Services (AWS) instance, do the following steps:
- Open the AWS Management Console, click the EC2 link.
- In the navigation pane, click the Elastic IPs.
- Click the Allocate New Address and click Yes Allocate.
- Like this it will allocate a new address. Now you have to associate it to your instance.
- Click Actions, a drop-down list appears and then select Associate Address.
- A dialog box will appear. Choose your instance to which you wish to associate your IP.
- Once you have chosen your instance, click Associate.
Now you have allocated and associated Elastic IP to your instance. If you want to Disassociate Address or Release Address you can do so by clicking on Actions as shown in above image.